Re: [Full-disclosure] Ubuntu 11.10 now unsecure by default

Hello Full Disclosure Hysterics & Friends,

I have now read through five dozen complaints about how Ubuntu
is fundamentally an "unsecure" operating system, filled with more holes
than Swiss cheese.

If somebody could direct me toward a local root exploit against a fully
up-to-date Ubuntu 11.04 or 11.10 that attacks a piece of software that is
installed by default, I would be most impressed and persuaded by your
assertions, as well as being very appreciative.

Thank you,
Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Hosted and sponsored by Secunia -

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Upgrading to Edgy Eft
    ... I started Ubuntu with Breezy 5.10, and, until all of ... the holes in Dapper settle down, I'm not ready to go to that release ... since I am using Ubuntu for all of my business desktop systems, ...
  • Re: Udungtu 8.10 ***WOW***
    ... You'd think an MVP would know the difference between an operating system and a program. ... We know you're afraid of Ubuntu because it may very well cost you your run adaware for money business. ... I have Vista sitting on the shelf gathering dust because I just don't care for it and XP runs all the games I have now. ...
  • Re: Uninstalling Ubuntu
    ... The only logical way to "uninstall" an operating system is to reformat the ... official instructions on uninstalling the Ubuntu OS on ... the reference to "choose the installation that you need to access from ...
  • Re: [Media] 8.04 Servers - Wikipedia
    ... If a distribution is "stable", why do updates come out for it, ... Operating System over the internet. ... When I have used Slackware as a production server, ... before all the Ubuntu peeps get angry at me: ...
  • Re: (no subject)
    ... either something to replace Win XP and or build my own personal server. ... Debian was the first encouraging encounter. ... paragraph as operating system. ... Maybe start with Ubuntu rather than Debian straight off (I never quite ...