Re: [Full-disclosure] VPN providers and any providers in general...

On Thu, 29 Sep 2011 23:55:18 +1000, xD 0x41 said:

there are KNOWN places, i have used, and known places wich will not store
data, or maybe, provide a proxxy but, they can certainly hide a botnet...

As far as you know... :)

ONLy people who commit ANY crime in THEYRE country, will be arrested...ever
noticed the main BIGGER servers are hosted there, even chat ones ?

Not sure how that should be parsed, and the parsing is crucial here - did you mean
"they have to commit a crime in their country", or "They have to do something that
*would* be a crime in their country"?

The general rule is that in order for an extradition to happen, several things must
be true:

1) The two countries involved need to have extradition treaties in place.
2) The activity must constitute a crime in the country harboring the accused.
3) The proposed punishment must not be drastically worse than what the
harboring country would impose

So the US can extradite somebody for murder from pretty much anyplace, because
out of 213 or so recognized sovereign governments, there's something like 8
that don't have reciprocal treaties in place for extradition, and murder is
illegal in pretty much everywhere. However, if you're going after somebody for
cybercrime, it won't work unless the country has laws against cybercrime that
cover the situation in question. As for the third part, the US has on several
occasions had to guarantee no death penalty for accused murderers they've
extradited from countries that don't do capital punishment.

So Gary McKinnon got hit with extradition even though he never got accused of
breaking a British law (as far as I know)- because the charge *would* have
been a crime if he *had* targeted a British server rather than a US server.
Meanwhile, Julian Assange's extradition on a rape charge hit some serious legal
snags because the exact behavior that Assange was accused of didn't actually
meet the definition of "rape" in England.

  • Re: [Full-disclosure] VPN providers and any providers in general...
    ... "they have to commit a crime in their country", ... The two countries involved need to have extradition treaties in place. ... I meant, you must be committing crime, in theyre country, for them to even ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: WOTT - Should you disclose where you carry?
    ... Possession in Taiwan is a capital crime. ... So extradition is another thing you don't understand. ... Person who committed crime in country A is found in country B. ...
    (rec.martial-arts)
  • Re: Legality of online poker
    ... >> Given that the company's directors are now worth billions each and the ... They can be arrested in any country ... Canada has the option of refusing extradition if the punishment is ... Big difference between extradition for a crime committed in the ...
    (rec.gambling.poker)
  • Re: oil substitutes
    ... sovereignty more than it's about drugs. ... supposing that the crime occured in the US, ... Again, suppose we have country A and country B, and, oh, whispering in ... I don't see why I should be in favor of extradition, ...
    (rec.arts.sf.written)
  • I have been scammed!
    ... Server 'whois.networksolutions.com' reply: ... country: CN ... hostmaster is not for spam complaint, ... Hostmaster of Beijing Telecom corporation CHINA TELECOM ...
    (alt.marketing.online.ebay)