Re: [Full-disclosure] Microsoft's Binary Planting Clean-Up Mission

Hi Mikhail,

Innovating hacks beyond and above "black
hats" does not really help people being more secure.

Whether the first part of this statement was meant as a compliment or not, I would
give black hats much more credit than that. Whatever we're able to find with our
small-scale effort, highly skilled and motivated black hats working in the multi
billion-dollar cyber crime "industry" have either already found or are able to if
they tried. We give some of our research to the public and those who want can learn
from it. If they choose to learn, they can possibly make software for their users a
little bit more secure tomorrow than they did yesterday.

Best,
Mitja

  • [Full-Disclosure] UN support for "security by obscurity"
    ... Does publishing the recipe for a bomb make it easier for me to secure ... a missle -- if I want to secure my house from missle attack, ... Of course the'd define black hats as ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: weird hats
    ... independent woman and you don't care what other people say. ... that for a compliment? ... othertreasures [all smelling of Naftalin] she had more than 40 hats, ... ever since i know Hats are Me ...
    (rec.crafts.textiles.yarn)
  • Re: Another hat puzzle
    ... 39 Berkeley Hat Company sells white bowler hats: ... If the guy in back sees more white hats than black hats, ... person saw an even number of black hats, or an odd number? ...
    (rec.puzzles)
  • Simpler Knight-Knave Metapuzzles
    ... who never lie, or knaves, who never tell the truth. ... wear pointy hats of the appropriate color. ... Both Alan and myself are wearing black hats. ...
    (rec.puzzles)
  • Re: New York: East Ramapo hasidim take over
    ... Let's say we've got a city where most guys wear white hats, ... in the black hats? ...
    (soc.culture.jewish.moderated)