[Full-disclosure] GooglePlus Readers and Privacy issues
- From: Laurent OUDOT at TEHTRI-Security <laurent.oudot-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2011 21:08:38 +0200
Some Google Plus readers might reveal your IP address and interesting
technical information while you read some kind of "malicious" G+ profiles.
It's related to the structure of the web page of G+ profiles and the way
they are loaded/displayed with such a client.
Example of vulnerable G+ client: the iPhone Google+ app is vulnerable to
this privacy issue.
More public information shared with a quick note on our blog:
If you want to do a quick test of your own G+ client, just read our G+
profile, and check if your IP address is revealed in the red box (picture):
Join us for more hacking tricks and vulnerabilities during our next
trainings: HITB Kuala Lumpur 2011 and Black Hat Abu Dhabi 2011.
Laurent Oudot, CEO TEHTRI-Security
Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Hosted and sponsored by Secunia - http://secunia.com/
- Prev by Date: [Full-disclosure] [ MDVSA-2011:123 ] squirrelmail
- Next by Date: [Full-disclosure] [MOHSEP] Month Of Humorous Stefan Esser Photoshops - 0x0C
- Previous by thread: [Full-disclosure] [ MDVSA-2011:123 ] squirrelmail
- Next by thread: [Full-disclosure] [MOHSEP] Month Of Humorous Stefan Esser Photoshops - 0x0C