[Full-disclosure] It's just getting worse

Not only was there a critical flaw in the forensic software, but after the designer reported incorrect findings, the prosecution decided to keep it a secret.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43807133/ns/us_news-the_new_york_times/?GT1=43001

Pursuant to my earlier post about an encryption case, http://news.cnet.com/8301-31921_3-20078312-281/doj-we-can-force-you-to-decrypt-that-laptop/ , I emailed John Walsh, the US Attorney heading up the case and went into a detailed explanation, complete with hard file-based examples, of how bad an idea it was to attempt to legally compel the defendant to provide decrypted files as evidence, and received no word back at all. I didn't expect much, but at least a "thanks for providing some technical information on how we making grave mistakes" would have been nice.

Given all the crap I've seen and experienced in my life, you would think I would know better than to expect people with the power of making a difference to actually do the right thing, but for some reason I continue to believe in honor and integrity. But when I see Florida prosecutors willfully withholding evidence to the *contrary* of what was submitted in the court of law (when a woman's life was at stake) and the arguments that people like Walsh make while disregarding impact on the Constitution, I see how misplaced my trust in government is. Douche bags.

Timothy "Thor" Mullen
www.hammerofgod.com

Thor's Microsoft Security Bible<http://www.amazon.com/Thors-Microsoft-Security-Bible-Collection/dp/1597495727>

JPEG image