Re: [Full-disclosure] New DDoS attack vector

As far as i can tell you are going through a load of trouble to to
create a mail server that will make a bunch of DNS request.
* how is this a DDoS if it is just ne server (the mail server
producing all the traffic)
* Why go to all this trouble when you could just do something like
the following (replacing dig with something faster)
- while true ; do dig $(</dev/urandom tr -dc A-Za-z0-9 | head -c
10 ).example.com MX ; done

  • Re: forms on IIS 5.0
    ... > Mail Server. ... > Our company is hosting our own website. ... IIS "serves forms" by default. ... Exactly what trouble are you having? ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)
  • System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.Send() Error: An invalid character was found in the mail header.
    ... I've had nothing but trouble from the System.Net.Mail objects, ... finally need to make them work, and I can't for the life of me see what ... mail server IP>", 25); ... showed that there were no items in the header before this exception. ...
  • Re: Help needed for my first mail server
    ... I did run a mail server for quite some time without rDNS, but then it started to be a problem. ... Although using a static IP from a range that is "considered" to be dynamic can still be a real issue, even if the IP really is a permanent static assignment from the ISP. ... Although I've heard that even using SASL auth via the ISP or a hosting company isn't enough as some providers get more trouble with that due to many users having a very simple and guessable username/password, ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: How to work with portable mail server?