Re: [Full-disclosure] Facebook

On 4 May 2011 04:59, phil <jabea@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I don’t agree, google is by far the biggest database of what user want and
look for. If you merge those database (google) and facebook that must make
some leet profiling. (especially when you think that you can easily find
where someone live with phone directory and you can match the ip by sector
too to match the google database)

"some leet profiling"
if you look at what netflix (supposedly anonymised) + imdb was able to
do, or the classic of AOL releasing their searches (again anonymised)
then a join of google with facebook is quite a scary prospect.
Especially as d of b + partial zip/postcode allows for
re-identification most of the time (i believe that d of b + state =
85% re-identification).
It wouldn't just be a selective subset but pretty much who, where,
when and probably why without too many non-Amish exceptions.

mike

  • Re: When MV is not an option
    ... All of his reports ended up on Excel. ... >> He didn't like his data out of synch with the live database, ... but that as soon as you tell a Pick developer that there are ... >>I don't know what google is doing with base.google.com but I'm sure it ...
    (comp.databases.pick)
  • Re: [Full-disclosure] Facebook
    ... Facebook in particular is the most appalling spying machine that has ever ... If you merge those database (google) and facebook that must make ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: Geo Location extracted from visitors ip address
    ... you know when i go to maps.google.com its always find my exact city of ... At some point, you entered your address, and it's stored in some database in the sky. ... As far as I know, each such company has a separate database, but perhaps google has an partner API which facebook uses. ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: Do you have an app that....
    ... Does your company have an app that would.... ... Desktop PC's will manage the main database. ... For more info, use google ... in this newsgroup. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsce.app.development)
  • Re: [Full-disclosure] Facebook
    ... technology (i.e., like Facebook, or any of the other databases mentioned ... google is by far the biggest database of what ...
    (Full-Disclosure)