Re: [Full-disclosure] Barracuda backdoor

Let's be careful though: just because your system stopped working
doesn't mean it has a backdoor. It could have been implemented as simply
a periodic "phone home for updates" which received some type of
"license expired" message. A remote kill switch, for sure, but not
necessarily the same as a back door.

For now I have reports from people who do not want to expose them but
claim that Barracuda people can freely log in into their systems but
never asked for password etc.

This time I have no proof etc. Just I get lot of different pieces of
feedback in private.

Tõnu

  • Re: Does Crystal Phone Home?
    ... > CR XI automatically checks for updates to its software when it loads. ... >> I don't want my users thinking my program is trying to phone home, ... >> that matter I don't see why it should phone home on my machine without ...
    (microsoft.public.vb.crystal)
  • Re: The ZoneAlarm BloatWare.
    ... you can uncheck the 'check for updates' and you can download the free ... > They prevent me from using my paid software unless it can phone home every ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: spyware not detected
    ... > I use adaware,spybot and Panda AV as well as CWShredder all with ... > updates but they did not detect Backdoor which was sitting on my ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: The ZoneAlarm BloatWare.
    ... > They prevent me from using my paid software unless it can phone home ... > install kerio 2.15 preventing ZoneAlarm Pro from phoning home. ... set to check for updates manually. ... I had to downgrade ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Why this attempt to connect?
    ... Jogga wrote: ... >It sounds like an application trying to 'phone home! ... >searches for updates? ... Using iPAQ 2210 with WM2003. ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc)