[Full-disclosure] [TEHTRI-Security] Security and iPhone IOS4.3 Personal Hotspot feature
- From: Laurent OUDOT at TEHTRI-Security <laurent.oudot-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2011 12:41:51 +0100
Here is a tiny blog entry dealing with the new feature of the iPhone 4
with iOS 4.3, which turns it into a Wireless Hotspot in order to share
your 3G session through a WLAN.
We wanted to propose a quick geeky and security overview of this awesome
We only found one tiny vulnerability which is related to the passphrase
used to protect the wireless. This can easily be patched by Apple.
The security advisory and explanations are available here:
Happy update this week for lucky owners of iPhone / http://apple.com/ios
Laurent Oudot, CEO TEHTRI-Security
Join us for more tricks:
- Asia - April 2011 -> SyScan Singapore Conference
Training "Advanced PHP Hacking" ( http://www.syscan.org )
- Europe - May 2011 -> HITB Amsterdam Conference
Training "Hunting Web Attackers" ( http://conference.hitb.org )
Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Hosted and sponsored by Secunia - http://secunia.com/
- Prev by Date: [Full-disclosure] RECON 2011 CFP
- Next by Date: [Full-disclosure] [USN-1084-1] avahi vulnerability
- Previous by thread: [Full-disclosure] RECON 2011 CFP
- Next by thread: [Full-disclosure] [USN-1084-1] avahi vulnerability