Re: [Full-disclosure] Fred B. Schneider testimony on Cybersecurity Credentials

Hi Coderman,

On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 19:00, coderman <coderman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
there is plenty of informative and insightful summary in the document
by clearly experienced individuals. however, i wanted to point out
this is essentially a funding proposal seeking "Federal Funding for

again, not a bad thing in and of itself, yet predisposes toward a
certain bias and approach. (academic credentials)'s always does seem to be about the Benjamins/C.R.E.A.M. I
suppose academics want their boat payments too.

I did like his medical analogy though, and our current security
knowledge and techniques are probably similar to where modern medicine
was 100 years ago. In other words, we're just staring to get folks to
wash their hands, and are a long way from the security equivalent of
say, mapping DNA.

"12 Monkeys - Germs" --
"Ignaz Semmelweis" --

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.