Re: [Full-disclosure] Getting Off the Patch

I'm getting a bit annoyed reading over and over arguments which I've
highlighted some time ago anyway (
http://www.mail-archive.com/full-disclosure@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg44454.html
).

The real question, what is the *direct* alternative to patching?

Don't say "sandboxing" because it doesn't always work.
And don't tell me about only installing the system critical issues only -
that's called "update by priority".
Also, please remember that we are talking against patching, not discussing
where patching works(/ is better) or not so I would expect any serious
arguments to completely exclude patching.

Regards,
Chris.