Re: [Full-disclosure] Getting Off the Patch

Apologies if I have completely missed the point here, as I have only skimmed
through this.

Most people wouldn't rely solely on patch day to protect their
systems/network, they would also employ the use of a NIDS / HIDS to mitigate
the risk further (of course, said solutions should have a large community
base and/or a record of releasing 0day incrementals in a timely manner). On
top of this, workstation based anti virus packages (such as AVG or w/e), to
help prevent those pesky drive by kits.

Taking all that into consideration, I would agree that patching shouldn't be
considered the "be all and end all" of security, but that's no reason to
disable patching completely, surely? The more layers of protection you add,
the better your odds are.

The idea of presenting these ideals as a training opportunity is a clever
idea, but only if the trainers themselves are established names in the
security field, otherwise it will be another case of "the blind leading the
blind".

  • Re: The facts: Contador against...
    ... So if I don't agree with you I'm blind? ... If you think Astana rode as a team to protect Contador, ... I have pointed some race situations in several stages where I think Contador wasn't treated as a team leader. ... These are the facts as I see them, trying to think calm and have an impartial attitude. ...
    (rec.bicycles.racing)
  • [Full-disclosure] Off topic rant to my friends
    ... I do it to protect my company's investment. ... It's the blind leading ... I'm turning that around and heading back to the user. ... Praise be to God for the User! ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: [Full-disclosure] Off topic rant to my friends
    ... I do it to protect my company's investment. ... > For some reason, maybe the coffee, I sat there thinking what the hell am I ... It's the blind leading ... > Praise be to God for the User! ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: [Full-disclosure] Off topic rant to my friends
    ... I do it to protect my company's investment. ... It's the blind leading ... >>Praise be to God for the User! ... Send instant messages to your online friends http://asia.messenger.yahoo.com ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: Why no Potter e-books? question for Louis Epstein
    ... :> Nothing frightens me more as a potential author than ... :> being unable to protect my work from the absolute horror ... etc or just have technophobia? ... blind quite nicely. ...
    (alt.fan.harry-potter)