Re: [Full-disclosure] Getting Off the Patch

It's brilliant! Where do I sign up?

What you run a patch management company? What's your problem with
trying to improve the way we do things? If we find patching isn't a
good nor necessary solution for better security then why shouldn't we
propose a new model?

-pete.

--
Pete Herzog - Managing Director - pete@xxxxxxxxxx
ISECOM - Institute for Security and Open Methodologies

  • Re: [Full-disclosure] Getting Off the Patch
    ... Here's a new article on how and why you may want to stop patching your ... "So if patching is a tactic towards a particular security strategy, ... Charter: http://lists.grok.org.uk/full-disclosure-charter.html ... Hosted and sponsored by Secunia - http://secunia.com/ ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: [Full-disclosure] Getting Off the Patch
    ... better than not patching. ... patch on one of our web servers which ran IIS 5.0 on Windows 2000. ... server because of this specific patch missing. ... security standpoint, it either has to be controlled or trusted. ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: [Full-disclosure] Getting Off the Patch
    ... I never admitted patching doesn't work. ... depending on the op controls I choose and how I place them, ... there will always be a risk but what security solution can be ... Depending on the flaw in the sandbox, I expect the other op controls ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: [Full-disclosure] Getting Off the Patch
    ... I never admitted patching doesn't work. ... It is just one piece of the security puzzle. ... mostly human errors) but patches. ... We all know it is rather hard to get protection from unknown threads, ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • RE: Patching
    ... Patching a well-running organization/system should always make you ... a hole is a hole is a hole. ... While I hate explaining why a security patch has done ... Better Management for Network Security ...
    (Security-Basics)