[Full-disclosure] MyBB 1.6 <= Cross Site Scripting (XSS) Vulnerability
- From: YGN Ethical Hacker Group <lists@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 12:12:24 +0800
MyBB 1.6 <= Cross Site Scripting (XSS) Vulnerability
MyBB was vulnerable to Cross Site Scripting Vulnerability.
2. APPLICATION DESCRIPTION
MyBB is a free bulletin board system software package developed by the
It's supposed to be developed from XMB and DevBB bulletin board applications.
3. VULNERABILITY DESCRIPTION
Two XSS vulnerabilities were found. One is user-driven XSS on "url" parameter.
User will get xssed upon successful log-in.
The other is a reflected XSS on "posthash" parameter where the valid
tid (topic id) is required for successful attack.
The anti-CSRF check against "my_post_key" parameter was not done in
thread/post preview mode and thus there came a way for XSS to be
4. VERSIONS AFFECTED
MyBB 1.6 and lower
Upgrade to 1.6.1
MyBB Development Team
This vulnerability was discovered by Aung Khant, http://yehg.net, YGN
Ethical Hacker Group, Myanmar.
9. DISCLOSURE TIME-LINE
2010-12-09: notified vendor
2010-12-15: vendor released fixed version
2010-12-20: vulnerability disclosed
Original Advisory URL:
About MyBB: http://www.mybb.com/about/mybb
YGN Ethical Hacker Group
Our Lab | http://yehg.net/lab
Our Directory | http://yehg.net/hwd
Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Hosted and sponsored by Secunia - http://secunia.com/
- Prev by Date: Re: [Full-disclosure] adobe.com important subdomain SQL injection again!
- Next by Date: [Full-disclosure] metasploit vhost_scanner updated
- Previous by thread: [Full-disclosure] Default SSL Keys in Multiple Routers
- Next by thread: [Full-disclosure] metasploit vhost_scanner updated