Re: [Full-disclosure] targetted SSH bruteforce attacks

On Thu, 17 Jun 2010, Gary Baribault wrote:

someone is burning a lot of cycles and hosts to do a distributed
dictionary attack on my one box!

Do you say distributed? We are experiencing a distributed attack right
now. An IP connects to a certain fixed set of SSH servers in our network,
makes a handful of login attempts against every indivial server, and
disconnects to never be seen again. The whole scenario repeats with a new
IP every minute or so. The set of servers is quite small, only cca 15 out
of many tens available in our whole network.

--
Pavel Kankovsky aka Peak / Jeremiah 9:21 \
"For death is come up into our MS Windows(tm)..." \ 21st century edition /