Re: [Full-disclosure] [TOOL]TMAC for Linux-beta

On Tue, 8 Jun 2010 12:16:59 -0700
Sagar Belure <sagar.belure@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi list,

TMAC for Linux, is a bash program written for the purpose of changing the
MAC address of network interface cards in Linux OS, provided it has Bash
shell environment.
Please check the details and some sort of, funny description about it.

http://sagar.belure.com/#tmac

This has been successfully tested with Ubuntu system.
Suggestions are welcome.

--
Thanks,
Sagar Belure

I programmed such a little toolchain written in KSH already and tested
it. Back then no pdKSH was needed and it worked with almost all generic
shells if I remember correctly.

Shamelessly stolen from my own README:
The toolchain allows you to:
- choose and set a random MAC
- choose and set a random MAC of a specific vendor
- search for a vendor-specific MAC address-space
- search for a vendor if you do know the MAC
- using it in other scripts to do automated tasks if needed

Tested on: Darwin/DragonFly/FreeBSD/Linux/OpenBSD
Feedback is welcome because I think work should not get done twice...

If you like to take a look:
http://www.helith.net/src/setmac_0.1.tar.gz/

Kind regards,
Rembrandt

  • Re: Big Mac Hoax 2: "OS X is Unix"
    ... *certainly* wouldn't consider replacing my Linux box with a Mac. ... Sure, it is different, but there is value in *not* having Foo, FOO, ... Manually editing config files becomes a chore rather than a preferred ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: advice for a mac laptop, please
    ... generally speaking the Mac just works out of the box. ... i need Linux for my Phd. ... Mac way of doing what you did on a Windows PC. ... operating systems, you may need a generous amount of disk space, ...
    (comp.sys.mac.misc)
  • Re: 10.4.10: system components to safely delete?
    ... Mac first, Mac only: ... Are you worried about disk space or RAM? ... Still, the functionality of the OS was amazing, as everything responded so quickly, and it was all about stability and functionality. ... Whenever I'd ask about the relative merits of running Linux on a Mac, everyone would respond to me that I really shouldn't go there unless I enjoy programming. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: OT - I ran....
    ... the `Linux community' decided that because it included ... (Mandriva Free is a 'pure' distro which can easily have non-FOSS stuff ... have such things as "MP3" support and proprietary hardware support built ... I consider Mac OS X to be an excellent example of what a good Unix-type ...
    (uk.people.support.depression)
  • Re: War on the Wintrolls
    ... Trying to meld the Nextstep UI with the Mac OS UI, ... then Apple's pricing doesn't mean too much. ... Then figured out it was a waste of money and switched to Linux. ... really isn't so "free", anyway, when one factors in the download time to ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)