Re: [Full-disclosure] Compliance Is Wasted Money, Study Finds

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 06:02:48AM -0700, Shaqe Wan wrote:
I am not stating that PCI is good in no way, but I am saying that its a MUST for companies dealing with CC. And in a windows environment, an AV is important.

Did you consider that an anti-virus may actually be the worst security
solution for certain threats because it allows companies not to think
about security while providing insufficient protection?

What's your choice:
Company A installs an anti-virus and updates it regularly (BTW regularly
includes once a year).
Company B has a recovery concept, incident response team, vulnerability
monitoring, patch management, NIDS, security training but no anti-virus.

He probably thought that I am with the rules of PCI, or that I don't have any idea that the world is not just WINDOWS !!!

No, I don't think so.

  • Re: a-squared and Trojan Scan
    ... not an anti-virus since I don't have a virus that needs ... | 6/15/06 updates from Microsoft have been installed. ... McAfee focuses on viruses and Trojans and some non-viral malware while Ad-aware SE focuses ...
  • Re: a-squared and Trojan Scan
    ... not an anti-virus since I don't have a virus that needs ... | 6/15/06 updates from Microsoft have been installed. ... McAfee focuses on viruses and Trojans and some non-viral malware while Ad-aware SE focuses ...
  • Re: Cant Display .eml in Outlook Express and Printer Issues
    ... What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your subscription current? ... Disable email scanning by your anti-virus application. ... Please do NOT install IE7 or WinXP SP3 at this point, ... received message does not have the photos inline. ...
  • Re: a-squared and Trojan Scan
    ... | the left pane and Security is the next best option. ... Microsoft should put ... | Anti-Virus in the pane since there is a forum for it. ... McAfee Stinger is a tool that only target ~55 infectors, mostly internet Worms so unless you ...
  • RE: [Re-post] Suggestions for basic software for security
    ... You can download a free Anti-Trojan tool, ... You can download the free Ad-Aware from www.ad-aware.com ... Anti-Virus - free Anti-Virus is from the AVG Free Edition. ... Suggestions for basic software for security ...
    (Security-Basics)