Re: [Full-disclosure] SecurityFocus to partially shut down

2010/3/18 james o' hare <jamesohare69@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 10:09 PM, David Alanis <canito@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
So zero day exploits are being posted on Twitt?

SDA

Yes, that's why I said:

On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 8:35 PM,
We need a proper unbiased unmoderated comprehensive
directory of security researcher accounts.

Andrew

I don't think that you have the right approach.
When some kid posts a 0day on twitter, you can always send the
information to FD.

I second the request by David Alanis: Where are the tweets? Give us
some links to relevant tweets. (Tweets of security related stuff
*only* released on twitter.)

One more thought: As you know most of the projects have a bug tracker.
Information of these sources isn't mirrored anywhere. That's how it
always has been. Where's the difference now - why would we need a
directory of "whatever"?

Jan

  • Re: Information security on Twitter
    ... If the tweets aren't backed by an actual article in depth, ... Many of the "Security Tweeters" will often mix a lot more than just ... I post plenty of security matters on my Twitter account, ... web sites, blogs, and RSS feeds. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Major Disruption out of Euston but Nothing on NRE
    ... their delivery or otherwise take them out of your inclusive allowance. ... (And you'd only receive the direct 'Tweets' from the sender as opposed ... While Twitter will at some point have to do something to make itself ... from his mobile parked up in a bus stop) - no need to be one of the ...
    (uk.railway)
  • Re: Interdits de mentionner les sites de réseautage social
    ... annoy me that the Beeb is forever referencing Facebook and Twitter ... right - an awful lot of tweets are completely pointless stuff that, surely, ... Bus stops are underrated in my opinion. ...
    (uk.media.radio.archers)
  • Re: Potential UGVM Meet in September?
    ... where the restrictions of the medium paradoxically creates art. ... tweets aren't art, ... Where does Twitter fit on that spectrum? ... bitching is required to keep your head from exploding." ...
    (uk.games.video.misc)
  • Twitter at conferences
    ... Many of you know what Twitter is: a social-networking tool that is easy to use and that allows you to send messages with a maximum of 140 characters per message. ... Twitter has become very popular at some conferences: Once the hashtag has been designated, many attendees will tweet various points, URLs, clarifications and explanations put forward by the speaker. ... If many at a conference engages in Twitter, one of the advantages can be that anyone following the tweets can see what's happening at other talks. ...
    (soc.genealogy.jewish)