[Full-disclosure] Google baulks at Conroy's call to censor YouTube

Conroy said applying ISP filters to high-traffic sites such as YouTube
would slow down the internet, "so we're currently in discussions with
Google about ... how we can work this through".

"What we're saying is, well in Australia, these are our laws and we'd
like you to apply our laws," Conroy said.

"Google at the moment filters an enormous amount of material on behalf
of the Chinese government; they filter an enormous amount of material
on behalf of the Thai government."

http://www.smh.com.au/technology/technology-news/google-baulks-at-conroys-call-to-censor-youtube-20100211-ntm0.html

  • Re: Could this group get moderated ?
    ... moderated forums dicussing *travel in Europe*? ... like> 80% of posts here are now from sick people advancing their ... The problem is Google does zero moderating. ... The Google Groups reader doesn't offer filters. ...
    (rec.travel.europe)
  • Re: misc.rural demise?
    ... account and pulled up the web access did I realize the volume that's ... I pity the poor soul who can not or does not know how to set up filters ... I complained to Google, and they filtered the spam for a few days. ...
    (misc.rural)
  • Re: Could this group get moderated ?
    ... moderated forums dicussing *travel in Europe*? ... The problem is Google does zero moderating. ... The Google Groups reader doesn't offer filters. ... Newsreader to do filtering and who needs extra apps to take care of. ...
    (rec.travel.europe)
  • Re: RMCR, RIP?
    ... newsreader does not support filters, ... For the RMCR members using Google (a significant percentage of the ... The real issue is the blizzard of cross-posting crap. ...
    (rec.music.classical.recordings)
  • Re: test2
    ... I read groups through a newsreader, not Google. ... but they were showing up in Google. ... group on the reader, even though I knew they were showing up in ... I just erased the filters and entered them ...
    (rec.audio.opinion)