Re: [Full-disclosure] All China, All The Time

On Thursday 14 January 2010 21:49:05 Christian Sciberras wrote:
"They used an IE exploit to get in."
The people at *Google* use *IE*?!! Besides, how does an exploit in IE
affect the server?

It would affect a person with login rights to a server.

This wasn't just an attack on Google, btw, it was an attack on 32 different
companies.
--
Hawaiian Astronomical Society: http://www.hawastsoc.org
HAS Deepsky Atlas: http://www.hawastsoc.org/deepsky

  • [NT] Web Browsers Vulnerable to the Extended HTML Form Attack
    ... inject HTML scripts, which makes use of the same method described in the ... The Original HTML form attack: ... server 7 open ...
    (Securiteam)
  • [UNIX] DoS Attack Against FreeRADIUS (Other RADIUS Servers Affected)
    ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... to create a high-performance and highly configurable GPL'd RADIUS server. ... program with failed requests causing a denial of service attack. ... Access-Request to the RADIUS server, ...
    (Securiteam)
  • Re: I was hacked
    ... > I have a Windows 2000 server that is current w/ the latest patches from MS. ... > It is running an IIS server that is configured w/ Microsoft's URLScan tool. ... > It is also running Terminal Services w/ 128 bit encryption turned on. ... > the first visible process of the attack. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: I was hacked
    ... > I have a Windows 2000 server that is current w/ the latest patches from MS. ... > It is running an IIS server that is configured w/ Microsoft's URLScan tool. ... > It is also running Terminal Services w/ 128 bit encryption turned on. ... > the first visible process of the attack. ...
  • Re: I was hacked
    ... I saw no successes in your IIS Log. ... > It is running an IIS server that is configured w/ Microsoft's URLScan ... > It is also running Terminal Services w/ 128 bit encryption turned on. ... > the first visible process of the attack. ...
    (alt.computer.security)