[Full-disclosure] 4f: The File Format Fuzzing Framework

Krakow Labs Development

4f: The File Format Fuzzing Framework

4f is a file format fuzzing framework. 4f uses modules which are
specifications of the targeted binary or text file format that tell it
how to fuzz the target application.

If 4f detects a crash, it will log crucial information important for
allowing the 4f user to reproduce the problem and also debugging
information important to deciding the severity of the bug and its
exploitability.

4f uses specialized modules for fuzzing code that interprets file
formats. Several modules are included and more can be written to follow
other file formats.

Full source code, binary, package, demonstration photo and video @
http://www.krakowlabs.com

You can also check out the video that shows 4f discovering 0day (not
worth much but it shows 4f works!) @ SecurityTube too -->
http://www.securitytube.net/The-File-Format-Fuzzing-Framework-(4f)-video.aspx

~KL

  • 4f: The File Format Fuzzing Framework
    ... 4f is a file format fuzzing framework. ... You can also check out the video that shows 4f discovering 0day (not ...
    (Bugtraq)
  • Re: Splitter?
    ... we would have had a ~2% chance of guessing ... Video splitters are no different from video editors: ... Your most popular splitters handle these files. ... splitters each handle a different file format. ...
    (rec.video.desktop)
  • Re: FLV4 video - which codec do I need?
    ... Will play video track 1. ... I downloaded and installed the "all" codec pack from the mplayer ... FLV4 is the Flash Video file format, apparently inside the Matroska file ... Flash video should be playable in general by mplayer, ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Re: Re: Re: OT - Video titles
    ... What file format was the movie originally shot in, surely not .wmv? ... above the widescreen video. ... computers end up with different aspect ratios on the screen, ...
    (uk.rec.engines.stationary)
  • Re: Video standards are changing. What is todays best format for future flexabliity?
    ... Future video displays and televisions are a moving ... The file format should be one ... Is my understanding on target. ... I wish this was for a wealthy client. ...
    (rec.video.production)