Re: [Full-disclosure] FreeBSD <= 6.1 kqueue() NULL pointer dereference

FreeBSD <= 6.1 suffers from classical check/use race condition on SMP
systems in kevent() syscall
[...]

In fact, the same bug affects most recent version of DragonFlyBSD and
NetBSD, but it seems to be not-exploitable due to mutexes. In case of
NetBSD, exploitation attempt causes kernel-mode deadlock, therefore
process is unkillable (even with SIGKILL) until reboot, which can lead
to DoS.

--
* Fido: 2:480/124 ** WWW: http://www.frasunek.com ** NICHDL: PMF9-RIPE *
* Jabber ID: venglin@xxxxxxxx ** PGP ID: 2578FCAD ** HAM-RADIO: SQ5JIV *

  • Re: [head tinderbox] failure on arm/arm
    ... NetBSD is hit-or-miss to build successfully, ... I think DragonFlyBSD just introduced USB 3.0 support in 3.2.1, but that is off by default. ... There are live USB images available for DragonflyBSD from www.dragonflybsd.org, ...
    (freebsd-current)
  • Re: Benchmarking
    ... > I've finished the article on benchmarking FreeBSD, NetBSD, DragonflyBSD ... > and Linux, it is available at: ... > Permission to read, distribute, submit to slashdot*, etc. is hereby ...
    (freebsd-current)
  • Fwd: Benchmarking
    ... > I've finished the article on benchmarking FreeBSD, NetBSD, DragonflyBSD ... > and Linux, it is available at: ... > Permission to read, distribute, submit to slashdot*, etc. is hereby ...
    (freebsd-performance)
  • Re: Benchmarking
    ... > I've finished the article on benchmarking FreeBSD, NetBSD, DragonflyBSD ... > and Linux, it is available at: ... > Permission to read, distribute, submit to slashdot*, etc. is hereby ...
    (freebsd-stable)
  • Re: which UNIX for programming job ?
    ... even i have tried all of the 4 popular BSDs: FreeBSD, OpenBSD, NetBSD, ... DragonFlyBSD. ...
    (comp.unix.programmer)