Re: [Full-disclosure] Conficker tool for end users

--On Tuesday, March 31, 2009 18:59:55 -0500 v3nd3rs5uck <ntpeck@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Hi Folks,
Since Conficker is a big thing these days I thought I'd send a link to a
removal tool.

http://www.mcafee.com/us/threat_center/conficker.html

And thanks to McAfee for providing a free tool that can scan an entire /16 with
one iteration. Trying to do hundreds of /24s is a bit of a PITA.

--
Paul Schmehl, Senior Infosec Analyst

  • Re: windows vista antivirus programs !!
    ... Download and run the Norton Removal Tool and try to get a refund: ... Removal tools for recent Mcafee products:- ... There are many good free AV applications available, ...
  • Re: Removing all traces of McAfee from Dell
    ... And Symantec has a removal tool for its products. ... When I was a Comcast subsciber I took advantage of the free McAfee ... How to uninstall supported McAfee consumer products using the McAfee ... Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
  • Re: IE unable to display webpage
    ... I downloaded the McAfee removal tool - ran it - and it worked!! ... Download the McAfee Consumer Products Removal Tool, ... outlook or outlook express. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Cannot create an email message...
    ... Uninstall McAfee, use their debris removal tool to get rid of the crud the uninstaller leaves behind, then re-install using the custom install feature so you do NOT load any email scanning features/services/modules at all. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.installation)
  • Re: Wierdness after AVG 8.0 up grade
    ... The McAfee removal tool will make quick work of any McAfee leftovers after uninstalling a McAfee application: ... McAfee Consumer Products Removal Tool ... Norton Removal Tool ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)