[Full-disclosure] Suggesting a new defcon event: Hackers Parliamentary Debate or HPD
- From: Gadi Evron <ge@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 05:10:08 +0200
We posted a suggestion for a new defcon event on the defcon forums -- a
If you think this is a good idea, support us on the forum. :)
We'd also be happy to answer any question in email. To avoid list
clutter, off-list replied are requested.
Highlights from proposal:
British Parliamentary Debate is a style of debating based on the how the
British conduct business at their Parliament. Two teams consisting of
two members each, face off against each other trying to defend or attack
a certain proposition. Then another two teams pick up where they left.
This is done in an organized fashion as detailed below.
This house will ban the use of firewalls
This house will make hacking illegal
This house will legalize mandatory full disclosure
This house believes the source of evil in this world is Windows
This house will support giving guns to hackers
This house believes script kiddies should be shot
Hacking saves lives
Ninjas are better than Pirates
Family guy is better than The Simpsons
Kids who play video games kill people
Star Trek is better than Star Wars
Pluto is a planet
Beer should be free
Coke is better than Pepsi
RFID will put the economy in recession
Parliamentary debate has become increasingly popular in recent years. It
differs from the regular college Policy Debate in that the participants
have only 15 minutes prep time after learning of what motion
(resolution) they are going to work with. It requires thinking on your
feet and agile minds.
1. Be professional.
2. Follow parliamentary procedure.
3. No swearing.
4. Have fun!
5. [Optional] Defcon rule addition: drink alcohol.
(judging team my enforce drinking when buzzwords, empty slogans and
logical fallacies are used)
Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Hosted and sponsored by Secunia - http://secunia.com/
- Prev by Date: [Full-disclosure] ExpressionEngine Persistent Cross-Site Scripting
- Next by Date: Re: [Full-disclosure] Kaminsky: MS security assessment tool is a 'game changer'
- Previous by thread: [Full-disclosure] ExpressionEngine Persistent Cross-Site Scripting
- Next by thread: Re: [Full-disclosure] Suggesting a new defcon event: Hackers Parliamentary Debate or HPD