Re: [Full-disclosure] Apple Safari ... DoS Vulnerability

Browsers could reasonably implement various kinds of resource expenditure
limitations, but few, if any, do OOTB (FF 2.x I think added some basic
"this script is taking too long" controls, but there is a lot more that
could be done).

IE, Firefox, Safari and Chrome all have basic protection against
long-running scripts -
has some information on each implementation.

What else would you have browser vendors do? I expect they think their
current strategy of responding to specific bugs along with a bit of
fuzzing and insane-input-testing is cost-effective and 'good enough'
for their users.

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Hosted and sponsored by Secunia -