Re: [Full-disclosure] Apple Safari 4 Beta feeds: URI NULL Pointer Dereference Denial of, Service Vulnerability

On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 10:54 AM, jf <jf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

also keep in mind that null ptr deref's can sometimes be exploitable--
especially on certain processors that store important things at 0x0;
of which, from what i recall, the iphone is one.

Can you please give one example of a NULL deref that was exploitable?

--
ciao

JT

  • Botulism-recall foods still on sale - One contaminated item found in Oakland grocery store
    ... One contaminated item found in Oakland grocery store ... The recall now covers two years' production at the company's Augusta, ... Spot checks by the Food and Drug Administration and state officials ... whether botulism confirmed in a San Diego County woman was linked to ...
    (soc.culture.china)
  • Re: Another Pet Food Alert
    ... >>of her cats are sick from eating the recalled cat food. ... >>This was not just an isolated incident in one Wal-Mart store. ... >>underneath the sticker matches the ones on the pet food recall list. ... > the original UPC code (that indicates it's from the tainted ...
    (rec.pets.cats.anecdotes)
  • at&t sales : best practices
    ... I made the purchase at our local at&t wireless store. ... individual plans vs. a "family" plan for the household) ... So I wasn't surprised to get the call from the sales rep ... expect your iPhone to arrive tomorrow before 3:30pm. ...
    (soc.motss)
  • Re: Another Pet Food Alert
    ... of her cats are sick from eating the recalled cat food. ... more recalled cat food on shelves in another Wal-Mart store. ... underneath the sticker matches the ones on the pet food recall list. ...
    (rec.pets.cats.anecdotes)
  • Thousands of Tech Faithful Buy First iPhones
    ... Thousands of U.S. gadget fans flocked to stores on Friday to be the ... The iPhone melds a phone, Web browser and media player, and costs $500 ... Apple aims to sell 10 million iPhones in 2008, ... At an Apple store in downtown San Francisco where about 500 people had ...
    (comp.dcom.telecom)