[Full-disclosure] Deputy Dan - follow up to your ida book

I was wondering when the follow up to your powerful book about debugging,
disassembling, and all around reverse engineering will come out. After
reading the entire first book, I learned what a software breakpoint is and
that ELF files start with \x7fELF, and because of this, I feel that the
knowledge obtained from a sequel could be endless. Hopefully the next
version will cover such advanced topics as running a program in a debugger
and demystifying the eax register. Such a book is sure to be a classic right
next to gray hat hacking and gnu citizens 700 page volume on javascript
alert boxes.

  • Re: stack trace of C program core dump on solaris
    ... One approach is to use stack trace of the mdb debugger, ... Segmentation Fault (core dumped) ... Reading coredump_fn ... With debugging, sometimes an error can be near but not at the line ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: StretchRect (or similar) transparency?
    ... Debugging from my book: ... When you find the code that is failing, ... Try reading this thread again before replying and I think you'll realise how ...
  • Re: Display image selected from JFileChooser
    ... One common way of debugging is reading the eror stack; ... fixing the lines with errors iteratively. ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: Funny MFC moment...
    ... > I was debugging some code for a CTreeCtrl when my girlfriend crept up next ... > to me and started reading it. ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)