[Full-disclosure] Troopers 09 Security Conference, Call for Papers
- From: Enno Rey <erey@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 12:04:35 +0100
We'll do it again ;-)
Last year _everybody_ involved in the event (speakers and attendees) enjoyed themselves and could significantly gain knowledge (and/or network with other researchers). There were keynotes by Dan Bernstein and Chris Hoff, a number of great talks ... and we had a fabulous speakers dinner in a medieval place in Munich. For anybody interested in the inaugural event see www.troopers08.org.
This year's Troopers edition will be held in Munich again (on 04/22 and 04/23) and will only be one track, as we cooperate with another industry style event (mainly to avoid the heavy workload of organizing a con which keeps us away from the technical stuff we prefer to do in our lives ;-)
Our call for papers addresses security researchers interested in sharing their knowledge with other researchers and a high level audience. We would like to invite everyone with special knowledge in breaking security in whatever area or practical experience in securing complex information systems to present their skills.
We will cover the flight costs (limited to EUR 500 for speakers from Europe and US$ 1500 for speakers from other continents) and two nights of accomodation.
Given an appropriate subject and technical level we're happy to welcome "fresh speakers" (not seen in various places before) and we're happy to help you with setting up your talk (or getting over your pre-talk excitement).
We are mainly interested in talks on
Security in Carrier Environments
Obviously heavy vendor-pitching will not be welcomed warmly and we reserve the right to ask for modifications of confirmed talks if we have the impression there's too much of that in a talk. If you have to offer another "Web 2.0 cross browser unicode overflow" talk you may submit it. However chances will be bigger if you have some more innovative stuff to talk about...
CFP submissions [to erey@xxxxxxx] must include the following information:
1) Brief biography including list of publications and papers published previously.
2) Proposed presentation title & synopsis/description.
3) Contact Information (full name, alias, handler, e-mail, postal address, phone, country of origin, special meal requirement, smoking habits ;-).
4) Employment and/or affiliations information.
5) Why is your material different or innovative or significant?
Please note that all speakers will be allocated 45 minutes of presentation time + 5 minutes Q+A. Any speakers that require more time must inform the CFP committee in the course of the submission.
By agreeing to speak at Troopers 09 you are granting ERNW GmbH the rights to reproduce, distribute, advertise and show your presentation including but not limited to http://www.troopers09.org, printed and/or electronic advertisements, and all other mediums.
Deadline for Submission: 25 Feb 2009,
Final Notification: 1 Mar 2009,
Presentation slides due: 1 Apr 2009
The conference: 22-23 April 2009
ERNW GmbH - Breslauer Str. 28 - 69124 Heidelberg - www.ernw.de
Tel. +49 6221 480390 - Fax 6221 419008 - Cell +49 173 6745902
PGP FP 055F B3F3 FE9D 71DD C0D5 444E C611 033E 3296 1CC1
Handelsregister Heidelberg: HRB 7135
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Enno Rey
Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Hosted and sponsored by Secunia - http://secunia.com/
- Prev by Date: Re: [Full-disclosure] Exploiting buffer overflows via protected GCC
- Next by Date: Re: [Full-disclosure] Exploiting buffer overflows via protected GCC
- Previous by thread: [Full-disclosure] [ MDVSA-2009:040 ] dia
- Next by thread: [Full-disclosure] [ MDVSA-2009:041 ] jhead