Re: [Full-disclosure] Windows 7 UAC compromised

2009/2/6 Miller Grey <vigilantgregorius@xxxxxxxxx>

...knowing all this, how does it get fixed? What is the proper way for MS
to enforce UAC?

They need to put a version of UAC in place that will alert the user when a
process is trying to make a change that weakens the overall security posture
of the box. They need *only* alert the user when this change is with
malicious intent. They need to elimiate all false positives. Good luck
with that.

  • Re: [Full-disclosure] Security system
    ... You may be able to use a web cam to alert you of any movement in ... voip network to alert me of a home security breach. ... Charter: http://lists.grok.org.uk/full-disclosure-charter.html ... Hosted and sponsored by Secunia - http://secunia.com/ ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: wacky carole hubbard and her socks!
    ... need to have the charter for this group posted again, ... collection of messages about the formation of this group? ... Science Imbeciles Identifying Themselves Alert! ...
    (sci.med)
  • [Full-Disclosure] Secunia - Delaying information again!
    ... Further to my previous email regarding the snails pace at which Secunia ... I notice that Secunia have only just sent the same alert this morning: ... So why where Secunia complaining that Bugtraq were holding information - its ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: [Full-disclosure] guidelines for good password policyand maintenance / user centric identity
    ... maybe having a different "alarm ringing" password could alert something wrong is happening could be appropriate ... Full-Disclosure - We believe in it. ... Charter: http://lists.grok.org.uk/full-disclosure-charter.html ...
    (Full-Disclosure)