Re: [Full-disclosure] does the aim service save chat session details?

On 26 Nov 08, at 11:17, AMILABS wrote:
Is AIM IM purely peer to peer or a store and forward type protocol?

It is neither. In most cases, the server forwards messages from client
to client, but does not retain them. The client also supports a peer-
to-peer mode, but it's rarely used.

We need
to determine if we can recover a past IM chat conversation that
occurred
over two weeks ago. Our chat client did not have IM logging enabled
so we
need to know if the "service" archives all chat conversations for law
enforcement and legal purposes.

You'll have to ask AOL about that. If there are server-side logs, they
are not exposed to users.