Re: [Full-disclosure] Paul Asadoorian of PaulDotCom Enterprises / Podcast is ridiculous

On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 10:29 PM, <Valdis.Kletnieks@xxxxxx> wrote:
The third thing to keep in mind is that "bleeding edge" doesn't always (and
in fact rarely, if ever) correspond to what's out in the real world. OK, so
you're peeved because the guy talked about WRT54G and didn't cover Kamikazi.

Something else that one needs to remember is the thing called "lead
time". If you were to write a book today about the latest exploit on
the net, we still wouldn't see it in the bookstores until after
Christmas. Writing a book is a *lot* of job. If you checked their
website, and listen to their podcast, you will notice that when they
were writing the book the Kamakazi release was still SVN-only and
writing anything about such software on something that is created by
dead trees is a waste of resources (the OpenWRT team could have
changed the whole build system by the time the book went out to the
shops).

Yes, I may be a fan boy of the show (did even sponsor them with some
cool custom laptop skins), but it does not change the fact that print
media is a slow moving beast.

--
http://michaelboman.org - Security Blog & Wiki

  • Re: POLL -- best effect your words ever had.
    ... give a seminar after the public lecture for selected high school students. ... Evidently the sponsor who did not believe I knew anything about writing had ...
    (misc.writing)
  • Re: No More Spanish Riding School??!!
    ... the queen is capable of writing a big check. ... Nope, I don't think HM QEII is a player on this one, even if she'd ... That's a potential sponsor that is logical. ...
    (rec.equestrian)
  • Pocket Outlook Tasks Custom Fields
    ... I am writing an application that enhances the Pocket Outlook view. ... "Sponsor". ...
  • how do I write a letter of motivation?
    ... I need a format for writing a letter to a sponsor, motivating why I need to ... be sponsored with a computer for school. ...
    (microsoft.public.office.misc)