[Full-disclosure] Google Docs (HTML code) Multiple Cross Site Scripting Vulnerabilities
- From: "Alfredo Melloni" <alfredo.melloni@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 16:28:39 +0200
Google Docs (HTML code) Multiple Cross Site Scripting Vulnerabilities
Google Docs is an online application which makes possibile to "Create and
share your work online". You can use it to create Documents, Presentations,
Spreadsheets and Forms.
Multiple cross site scripting vulnerabilities were identified in Google
Docs. A remote attacker could write a malformed document and invite, through
Google Docs sharing option, other users to see it in order to obtain their
cookies. It's also possible to public this malformed document and send its
link around the web.
Google Docs makes possible to create a new document. When a user creates a
new document he has the possibility to change its html code through the Edit
Html option. An attacker can make a malformed document using decimal HTML
entities (without semicolons) and hexadecimal entities (with semicolons) to
bypass antixss filters.
:alert('test');"> (decimal HTML entity)
:alert('test');"> (hexadecimal HTML entity)
Please note: IMG tag isn't the only affected, it's just an example.
The attacker then will save his job and can share this document with someone
else or send the document link to the victim to obtain his cookie.
IV. Vendor Response:
Google has been informed and has deployed a fix for these vulnerabilities.
V. Disclosure timeline:
23/08/08 - Vulnerabilities discovered
25/08/08 - Google informed
25/08/08 - Automatic reply from Google received
24/09/08 - Ask Google for updates
25/09/09 - Google fixed all vulnerabilities submitted
Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Hosted and sponsored by Secunia - http://secunia.com/
- Prev by Date: Re: [Full-disclosure] Fwd: London Autistic Rights Movement - demonstration in support of Gary McKinnon - 4pm Sunday 28th September 2008, US Embassy, Grosvenor Square, London
- Next by Date: [Full-disclosure] Caixa Economica Federal (CEF) USERNAME BruteForce
- Previous by thread: [Full-disclosure] Cisco Security Advisory: Multiple Multicast Vulnerabilities in Cisco IOS Software
- Next by thread: [Full-disclosure] Caixa Economica Federal (CEF) USERNAME BruteForce