[Full-disclosure] CfP hack.lu 2008
- From: "hack.lu 2008" <2008@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 10:08:59 +0200
Call for Papers Hack.lu 2008
The purpose of the hack.lu convention is to give an open and free
playground where people can discuss the implication of new technologies
hack.lu is a balanced mix convention where technical and non-technical
people can meet each others and share freely all kind of information.
The convention will be held in the Grand-Duchy of Luxembourg in October
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to :
* Software Engineering and Security
* Spyware, Phishing and Botnets (Distributed attacks)
* Newly discovered vulnerabilities in software and hardware
* Electronic/Digital Privacy
* Wireless Network and Security
* Attacks on Information Systems and/or Digital Information Storage
* Electronic Voting
* Free Software and Security
* Assessment of Computer, Electronic Devices and Information Systems
* Standards for Information Security
* Legal and Social Aspect of Information Security
* Software Engineering and Security
* Security in Information Retrieval
* Network security
* Forensics and Anti-Forensics
* Mobile communications security and vulnerabilities
The following dates are important if you want to participate in the CfP
Abstract submission : no later than 1 July 2008
Full paper submission : no later than 1st August 2008
Notification date : around end of August
Submission guideline (for standard paper track)
Authors should submit a paper in English up to 5.000 words, using a
non-proprietary and open electronic format.
The program committee will review all papers and the author of each
paper will be notified of the result, by electronic means.
Abstract is up to 400 words. Submissions must be sent via the
Submissions should also include the following:
1. Presenter, and geographical location (country of origin/passport)and
2. Employer and/or affiliations.
3. Brief biography, list of publications or papers.
4. Any significant presentation and/or educational experience/background.
5. Reason why this material is innovative or significant or an important
6. Optionally, any samples of prepared material or outlines ready.
7. Information about if yes or no the submission has already been
presented and where.
The information will be used only for the sole purpose of the hack.lu
convention including the information on the public website.
If you want to remain anonymous, you have the right to use a nickname.
(Accepted) Speakers' Privileges
* Accommodation will be provided (3 nights)
* Travel expenses will be covered
* Conference speakers night
Publication and rights
Authors keep the full rights on their publication/papers but give an
unrestricted right to redistribute their papers for the hack.lu convention
and its related electronic/paper publication.
If you want to support the initiative and gain visibility by sponsoring,
please contact us by writing an e-mail to info(AT)hack.lu
Barcamp and interactive session
During the conference, there is a continuous interactive session. You
are also very welcome to participate to submit small ideas, presentation
or poster. The review process is simplified and open to anyone willing
to take an active role during the conference. You can submit your
proposal using the same web interface for the barcamp but you don't
require to submit a full paper.
Submissions are done via the hack.lu website (http://www.hack.lu/)
The hack.lu conference is organized by the ASBL CSRRT-LU (Computer
Security Research and Response Team Luxembourg)
Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Hosted and sponsored by Secunia - http://secunia.com/
- Prev by Date: Re: [Full-disclosure] Working exploit for Debian generated SSH Keys
- Next by Date: [Full-disclosure] Mtr - remote and local stack overflow - uncomment situation in libresolv.
- Previous by thread: [Full-disclosure] CfP hack.lu 2008
- Next by thread: [Full-disclosure] DoS attacks using SQL Wildcards