[Full-disclosure] Oracle Application Server 10G ORA_DAV Basic Authentication Bypass Vulnerability
- From: "Deniz Cevik" <Deniz.Cevik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 15:49:36 +0300
Affected Software/Device: Oracle Application Server Portal
Vulnerability: Authentication Bypass
Tested Version: 10G
Oracle Application Server Portal (OracleAS Portal) is a Web-based
application for building and deploying portals. It provides a secure,
manageable environment for accessing and interacting with enterprise
software services and information resources.
Initially /dav_portal/portal/ directory is being protected using basic
authentication. It is possible to bypass and access content of
dav_portal by adding a specially crafted cookie value in the http
In order to construct a special http request first visit
"http:/site/pls/portal/%0A" url. This request adds special session id
into cookie. Subsequent connection attempts to
"http://site/dav_portal/portal/" will reveal the contents of directory
without any authentication.
Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Hosted and sponsored by Secunia - http://secunia.com/
- Prev by Date: [Full-disclosure] Free IT Security Training
- Next by Date: [Full-disclosure] List Charter
- Previous by thread: [Full-disclosure] Free IT Security Training
- Next by thread: [Full-disclosure] List Charter