Re: [Full-disclosure] Could n3td3v win a Pwnie award?

On Apr 27, 2008, at 3:11 PM, n3td3v <xploitable@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Sat, Apr 26, 2008 at 2:13 PM, G. D. Fuego <gdfuego@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 10:48 PM, n3td3v <xploitable@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
David, your research was responsible for the SQL Slammer Worm... but
that makes you elite doesn't it, not a black hat.

No wonder the UK security service is interested in you, but I
wouldn't
call it an achievement, that calls you irresponsible in my view.

David is responsible for the Slammer worm because he discovered the
vulnerability that it used?

You don't believe in Responsible Disclosure? Every responsible
security researcher and expert should be supporting responsible
disclosure. David's disclosure is a prime example why responsible
disclosure is needed.

What he did *was* irresponsible, but perhaps we can learn from it.

n3td3v

Read ms02-039

The patch was available 6 months before slammer, thanks to David.

Its not his fault that people didn't apply the patch