[Full-disclosure] clamav: Endless loop / hang with crafter arj, CVE-2008-1387
- From: Hanno Böck <hanno@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 12:07:43 +0200
Advisory published at:
clamav: Endless loop / hang with crafter arj, CVE-2008-1387
CERT-FI published an advisory with a large number of samples of crafted
The file with the md5sum b6046d890e6bd304e3756c88b989559a (named
b6046d890e6bd304e3756c88b989559a.arj) hangs clamav with high load.
If you're running clamav on a mailserver, an attacker can DoS your Server
remotely by sending some mails with the archive attached.
clamav 0.93 fixes this issue beside other security issues, if you're running
clamav you should upgrade as soon as possible.
2008-03-17 CERT-FI publishes advisory
2008-03-26 Vendor contacted
2008-03-27 Vendor approves issue
2008-04-14 Vendor releases 0.93
2008-04-16 Advisory published
The Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVE) project has assigned the name
CVE-2008-1387 to this issue. This is a candidate for inclusion in the CVE
list (http://cve.mitre.org/), which standardizes names for security problems.
Credits and copyright
This vulnerability was discovered by Hanno Boeck of schokokeks.org webhosting.
It's licensed under the creative commons attribution license.
Hanno Boeck, 2008-04-16, http://www.hboeck.de
Hanno Böck Blog: http://www.hboeck.de/
GPG: 3DBD3B20 Jabber/Mail: hanno@xxxxxxxxx
Description: This is a digitally signed message part.
Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Hosted and sponsored by Secunia - http://secunia.com/
- Prev by Date: Re: [Full-disclosure] How should Full-Disclosure be funded?
- Next by Date: [Full-disclosure] [ MDVSA-2008:085 ] - Updated python packages fix arbitrary code execution vulnerability
- Previous by thread: [Full-disclosure] Secunia Research: activePDF DocConverter Applix Graphics Parsing Vulnerabilities
- Next by thread: [Full-disclosure] [ MDVSA-2008:085 ] - Updated python packages fix arbitrary code execution vulnerability