[Full-disclosure] Nipper update released
- From: Fizz <fizz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 09:02:05 +0100
Nipper is a network infrastructure parser. It processes configuration files
from network devices and produces a report including a security audit of the
device, configuration settings and other relevant information.
Nipper currently supports the following device types:
* Cisco IOS-based routers
* Cisco IOS-based catalysts
* Cisco NMP-based catalysts
* Cisco CatOS-based catalysts
* Cisco PIX-based Firewalls
* Cisco ASA-based Firewalls
* Cisco FWSM-based Firewalls
* Cisco Content Service Switches
* Juniper ScreenOS-based Firewalls (NetScreen)
* Nortel Passport devices
* CheckPoint Firewall-1 Firewalls
* Sonicwall SonicOS-based Firewalls
* Bay Networks Accelar
* Nokia IP Firewalls
The security audit includes details of the findings, together with detailed
recommendations. The security audit can be modified using command line
parameters or an external configuration file.
This update (0.11.5) includes improvements to the report output, some minor
PQR issues have been resolved. It also includes bug fixes for issues
identified by the community.
Nipper is available for Linux, Windows and other platforms. More information
and downloads can be obtained from the project web site at
If you have access to device configuration files for network devices, please
consider sending them to me. I will be discrete, but you are welcome to
sanitise them first. However, if you do sanitise them, please ensure that the
structure of the config file is not modified.
The project web site is http://nipper.titania.co.uk
Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Hosted and sponsored by Secunia - http://secunia.com/
- Prev by Date: [Full-disclosure] FW: [ GLSA 200804-01 ] CUPS: Multiple vulnerabilities
- Next by Date: Re: [Full-disclosure] sans handler gives out n3td3v e-mail to public
- Previous by thread: [Full-disclosure] FW: [ GLSA 200804-01 ] CUPS: Multiple vulnerabilities
- Next by thread: [Full-disclosure] Recon 2008 CFP last call, early registration open