Re: [Full-disclosure] mac trojan in-the-wild

On 11/1/07, nnp <version5@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'm not sure if you accidentally quoted my reply or not there, because
if you did you're completely missing my point. My issue is with the
format and content (or lack thereof) of the first post, I don't think
I mentioned the iPhone, *BSD, MS or at any stage said anything at all
that would indicate I was taking any side in the 'which OS sucks more
balls than any other' debate.

With respect to my OSX comments: I was just trying to point out there
are some similarities (9X vs OSX) as far as consumer confidence and
education. It took blaster and 66k other viruses before the average
windows user knew what a computer virus was. Will it take the same
level of SNAFU for Apple customers to know they shouldn't click on a
text file that has #!/bin/sh or have they learned from Windows
mistakes that you only need to worry about .bat and .exe files? Only
time will tell. (I know it asks if you want to display or run the
files)

In respect to which OS is better: The OS you know how to best use is
the better of the two. I will take education over default
configuration any day.

With respect to the iPhone comments: I brought that up because like
win9x, everything is run as "root".

With respect to the MS comments: Well, I tend to babble a lot :-)

-JP<who has lost his soapbox privileges for a month due to harshing
nnp's mellow>

  • Re: ps3 version it is then
    ... The only product that seemed to be immune was mobile phones, ... I do like OSX and the iPhone is the only time ... OSX I converted over to almost instantly after leaving the job where I ... America so I could get the kit at sane prices. ...
    (uk.games.video.misc)
  • Re: They may have to settle for an Android phone...
    ... faster than that of even the best Android phones and the GUI is ... Response time of the iPhone "screen"? ... the GUI, which is displayed on the screen. ... OSX frame buffers as well, so it's even slower than Windows, that doesn't. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: booting to firewire.....
    ... >>> You are a Windows user and you have the temerity to say that OSX is NOT ... >>> light years ahead of Windows as far as intuitiveness is concerned. ... suddenly he has an iMac? ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: non si potrebbe scindere il gruppo davvero
    ... e iphone e altri cazzilli altrove ... tu che sei uno scrittore creativo modifica il Manifesto e poi ne ... se si parla di OSX? ... Rimangono di qui i computer, le periferiche "dirette" e le ...
    (it.comp.macintosh)
  • Re: Copying Contacts between iPhones?
    ... iPhone 3 to his iPhone 4. ... Googling about it seems you might have to use Outlook or Windows ... I think I noted there may be differences between that iTunes can do on ... Windows to what it can do on OSX so if OSX can do what we want I have ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)