Re: [Full-disclosure] mac trojan in-the-wild

I will take that pepsi challenge... what is at stake ;)

On Nov 1, 2007 4:50 PM, Paul Schmehl <pauls@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

--On Thursday, November 01, 2007 16:42:51 -0500 reepex <reepex@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

On Nov 1, 2007 4:34 PM, Nick FitzGerald <nick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Yes, today, the average level of clue among Mac users is probably a
shade higher than amongst Windows users,

Is this a joke? The reason people switch to macs is because they
cannot
handle simple tasks. Isnt the main thing said by new mac users is 'it
just works' meaning 'I couldnt figure out windows' . The main users of
macs are liberal arts students and hippies .. and we all know the
technical level of these people.

You apparently haven't been around Macs recently. *Many* technical
people,
*especially* Unix and security admins, have started using Macs because
they
provide all the functionality of Unix with a beautiful GUI on top.

Besides, I'll put the technical prowess of a liberal arts major up against
the technical prowess of a computer science major *any* day, and spot them
two full months to study. CS majors can code like monkeys, but they don't
have a clue how a computer works. :-)

--
Paul Schmehl (pauls@xxxxxxxxxxxx)
Senior Information Security Analyst

  • Re: "limited resources"- kidding?
    ... >>You clearly have no clue why macs have been successful. ... So I said that it was the great ideology that using computers shouldn't ... had all the features of a modern OS (the original MacOS 8 plans), ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Re: looking back on mac experience
    ... PCs are for: ... people who don't have a clue, but have a mate who 'knows about' ... computers and can nick software for them ... than Macs so that the end-user can't do much that the IT dept don't want them to do. ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Re: [Full-disclosure] mac trojan in-the-wild
    ... shade higher than amongst Windows users, ... The reason people switch to macs is because they cannot ... Isnt the main thing said by new mac users is 'it ... have a clue how a computer works. ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: "limited resources"- kidding?
    ... You clearly have no clue why macs have been successful. ... ideology. ... David ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)