Re: [Full-disclosure] 0-day PDF exploit

Why everybody said it is a zero day about PDF? it's just a fault in IE7, or just want to make a big media hit? real PDF zero day will exists in the PDF's file format, or some Adobe's expanded functions.

welcome to my blog:
http://ruder.cdut.net

From: biz4rre@xxxxxxxxx
To: full-disclosure@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Full-disclosure] 0-day PDF exploit
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 15:00:14 +0300

Zero day PDF exploit for Adobe Acrobat

Link to exploit:

Please download and open it locally in Adobe Acrobat (not in Adobe Acrobat
ActiveX control):

http://security.fedora-hosting.com/0day/pdf/pdf_poc.pdf

0-day proof of concept (PoC) exploit for Adobe Acrobat.

Software affected:

+ Adobe Reader 8.1 (and earlier)
+ Adobe Acrobat Standard, Pro and Elements 8.1 (and earlier)
+ Adobe Acrobat 3D

System affected:

+ Windows XP with IE7

Details:

To view exploit code in Adobe Acrobat go to: Pages -> Page Properties ->
Actions
(trigger: Page Open, action: Open a web link)

This is URL handling bug in shell32!ShellExecute()

Workaround:

Currently unavailable.

Thanks to:

pdp (at) gnucitizen.org for his investigation

regards,
cyanid-E <biz4rre@xxxxxxxxx>

  • Re: Print to file option in print windows
    ... >>Ghostscript to create PDF documents. ... > you can make them by Adobe Acrobat. ... PostScript file via return email. ...
    (microsoft.public.office.misc)
  • Re: best low cost acrobat 5 replacement?
    ... mandatory requirements and may some extra convenient features ... Ability to create pdf using Windows Print Y ... Created pdf file size (as compared to Adobe Acrobat) ...
  • Re: Posting 3D cad files to a web site.... question
    ... If You're about to post a 3D model as pdf You will need Adobe Acrobat ... or else You're just posting a picture from Your 3D model. ... Acrobat Pro, no matter if it's 8 or 9. ...
    (comp.cad.solidworks)
  • Re: Access 2003, Question concerning Adobe Acrobat
    ... We output reports from Access to one of our ... > What you could do is install a PDF writer program. ... >> concerning Adobe Acrobat. ...
    (comp.databases.ms-access)
  • Re: "Package" instead of "Adobe Acrobat Document" for Linked PDF in ta
    ... sub-directory under the main directory of the database on my local ... The table used to show "Adobe Acrobat Document" for the linked PDF file so ... link the file on my local computer and then the whole directory of ...
    (microsoft.public.access.externaldata)