From: Valdis.Kletnieks@xxxxxx

Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 21:55:37
To:Kristian Erik Hermansen <kristian.hermansen@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc:full-disclosure@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Full-disclosure] extension for Firefox to force HTTPS always?

On Fri, 12 Oct 2007 15:06:14 PDT, Kristian Erik Hermansen said:
I just wanted to clarify that I am looking for an extension that will
rewrite all encountered HTTP references in Firefox to HTTPS. I would
already have a firewall or some other layer7 filtering device blocking
unencrypted traffic. The addon "Better Gmail" does something similar
to this, with the "force HTTPS" option, but not exactly...

What should this hypothetical extension do if it automagically redirects
http: to https:, but the target server is something that is only listening
on port 80 because it doesn't have https: enabled?

https://www.cnn.com just sorta sits there for me.

  • Re: [Full-disclosure] TrueCaller Vulnerability Allows Changing Users Details
    ... Is you think only vulnerability is not use https? ... Full-Disclosure - We believe in it. ... Charter: http://lists.grok.org.uk/full-disclosure-charter.html ... Hosted and sponsored by Secunia - http://secunia.com/ ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • openssl extension not loading (need to open https stream)
    ... "Unable to find the wrapper "https" - did you forget to enable it when you configured PHP?" ... I have also enabled the openssl extension and made sure it is in the extension folder. ... What I don't understand is why the apache module does not load the openssl extension. ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: [Full-disclosure] JaPCrypt
    ... situations where HTTPS is not available is disingenuous. ... Full-Disclosure - We believe in it. ... Charter: http://lists.grok.org.uk/full-disclosure-charter.html ... Hosted and sponsored by Secunia - http://secunia.com/ ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • RE: [Full-disclosure] MiTM with https there are any tools ?
    ... WaveFront Consulting Group ... [Full-disclosure] MiTM with https there are any tools? ... There are tools to setup a fake weserver that will redirect the ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: [Full-disclosure] extension for Firefox to force HTTPS always?