Re: [Full-disclosure] New term "RDV" is born

Valdis.Kletnieks@xxxxxx wrote:

Two months is still recently. Think about "In recent history we invaded
Iraq", "In recent times terrorism has become more prominent".

The real problem here is that "0-day" originally meant "previously
undisclosed
vulnerability/exploit". The term lost its usefulness when all the hacker
wannabe's started posting "I found a 0-day", when what they really had was
a "*yawn*-we've-been-waiting-18-months-for-vendor-to-fix-day".

Which reminds me, I recently found a vulnerability on all open source
based systems. Seems like whenever there is a program called sudo
installed on the machine - any user can run a command with root
privileges on that machine if sudo is properly configured to allow the
user to do so.

#!/bin/sh
# sudUmb

echo pwnd
sudo shutdown now

# insert one million shout outs to etards here

J. Oquendo
"Excusatio non petita, accusatio manifesta"

http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xF684C42E
sil . infiltrated @ net http://www.infiltrated.net

  • Re: Ruby Gems Help
    ... Prefix a command with "sudo" to elevate your permissions before the ... I think it is also linked to the comp.lang.ruby newsgroup, ... Suitable posting guidelines for this list can probably be ...
    (comp.lang.ruby)
  • Re: notification of new version
    ... that I make often when posting here) and, more importantly, you'll ... overwrite the comments about the different options that can be set in ... All truth about comments aside, yes, I did forget sudo part, mostly ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: notification of new version
    ... A good one except that you'll need sudo if you're not root (a mistake ... that I make often when posting here) and, more importantly, you'll ... overwrite the comments about the different options that can be set in ... I forget to prepend sudo when I post because I generally use "sudo -i" ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: [opensuse] Hijacking: sudo fails
    ... sudo: automount: command not found ... Which reminds me..... ... Why does Opensuse continue to require root's password for sudo?!! ...
    (SuSE)