Re: [Full-disclosure] New term "RDV" is born

On 9/28/07, Troy <gimmespam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Wouldn't UDV be more appropriate, for unpatched disclosed vulnerability?
The "R" in RDV means recent. I wouldn't consider a two-month old, but still
unpatched, vulnerability to be recent, so I wouldn't really be able to call
it an RDV. I would, however, be able to call it a UDV.

Another option would be EDV, for exploitable disclosed vulnerability, or
even just UV or EV. Why do we need to bring up the point that it's
disclosed? How could we be discussing an undisclosed vulnerability?

Two months is still recently. Think about "In recent history we invaded
Iraq", "In recent times terrorism has become more prominent".

Five, Ten years can still be classed as recently. Two months, no problem.

Dude, I sat for hours thinking up RDV, give me some credit ;)

  • Re: [Full-disclosure] New term "RDV" is born
    ... Wouldn't UDV be more appropriate, for unpatched disclosed vulnerability? ... "R" in RDV means recent. ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: [Full-disclosure] New term "RDV" is born
    ... Wouldn't UDV be more appropriate, for unpatched disclosed vulnerability? ... Hosted and sponsored by Secunia - http://secunia.com/ ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: [Full-disclosure] New term "RDV" is born
    ... A recently disclosed vulnerability (or RDV for short) is an unpatched ... Charter: http://lists.grok.org.uk/full-disclosure-charter.html ... Hosted and sponsored by Secunia - http://secunia.com/ ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: [Full-disclosure] New term "RDV" is born
    ... for unpatched disclosed vulnerability? ... Dude, I sat for hours thinking up RDV, give me some credit;) ... Full-Disclosure - We believe in it. ... Hosted and sponsored by Secunia - http://secunia.com/ ...
    (Full-Disclosure)