[Full-disclosure] rPSA-2007-0187-1 xorg-x11 xorg-x11-fonts xorg-x11-tools xorg-x11-xfs
- From: rPath Update Announcements <announce-noreply@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 19:49:22 -0400
rPath Security Advisory: 2007-0187-1
Products: rPath Linux 1
Exposure Level Classification:
Local Root Deterministic Privilege Escalation
Previous versions of the xorg-x11 package are vulnerable to a Privilege
Escalation attack in which a local user may exploit a buffer overflow in
the X server's Composite extension to execute arbitrary code with
Additionally, the Xau and Xdmcp libraries are now provided by the
Copyright 2007 rPath, Inc.
This file is distributed under the terms of the MIT License.
A copy is available at http://www.rpath.com/permanent/mit-license.html
Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Hosted and sponsored by Secunia - http://secunia.com/
- Prev by Date: [Full-disclosure] rPSA-2007-0184-1 samba samba-swat
- Next by Date: Re: [Full-disclosure] Next generation malware: Windows Vista's gadget API
- Previous by thread: [Full-disclosure] rPSA-2007-0184-1 samba samba-swat
- Next by thread: Re: [Full-disclosure] [fuzzing] Vulnerable test application: Simple Web Server (SWS)