Re: [Full-disclosure] n.runs-SA-2007.027 - Sophos Antivirus UPX parsing Arbitrary CodeExecution Advisory
- From: 3APA3A <3APA3A@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 20:33:56 +0400
Either Subject "UPX parsing Arbitrary CodeExecution" or vulnerability
description "Infinite Loop in UPX packed files parsing" are wrong. Can
you provide more detailed information please? It's not clear, how
infinite loop can lead to remote code execution.
--Friday, August 24, 2007, 11:15:01 PM, you wrote to bugtraq@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:
snc> A remotely exploitable vulnerability has been found in the file parsing
snc> In detail, the following flaw was determined:
snc> - Infinite Loop in UPX packed files parsing
snc> This problem can lead to remote denial of service or arbitrary code
snc> execution if an attacker carefully crafts a file that exploits the
snc> aforementioned vulnerability. The vulnerability is present in Sophos
snc> Anti-virus software listed above on all platforms supported by the affected
snc> products prior to the engine Version 2.48.0.
Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Hosted and sponsored by Secunia - http://secunia.com/
- Prev by Date: [Full-disclosure] iDefense Security Advisory 08.27.07: Motorola Timbuktu Multiple Buffer Overflow Vulnerabilities
- Next by Date: [Full-disclosure] Linux + bash and a silver fork
- Previous by thread: [Full-disclosure] n.runs-SA-2007.027 - Sophos Antivirus UPX parsing Arbitrary CodeExecution Advisory
- Next by thread: Re: [Full-disclosure] n.runs-SA-2007.027 - Sophos Antivirus UPX parsing Arbitrary CodeExecution Advisory