Re: [Full-disclosure] SecNiche : Microsoft Internet Explorer Pop up Blocker Bypassing and Dos Vulnerability

Debasis Mohanty wrote:
No offence intended but if you take a little more effort of validating your
work before posting publicly then you can save yourself from embarrassment.

I don't see anything in the script that can bypass zone security and run
successfully from internet zone. I am sure you have tested it locally and
drawn conclusion that the script can execute from internet zone. To test the
script from internet zone, you need to upload it to a webserver and try
accessing via browser.

Any VB/Java script will run from local security with a charm but if you can
make it run from internet zone (without a prompt) then you found a holy
grail. However I don't see anything in the script which can defeat zone
security and access registry, hence no vulnerability.

The best way to validate your work before posting publicly is, run it
through the vendor or third party security sites like secunia or idefence.
This would certainly save you from public embarrassment.

-d