[Full-disclosure] FLEA-2007-0016-1: kernel
- From: Foresight Linux Essential Announcement Service <foresight-security-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 08 May 2007 11:10:15 -0400
Foresight Linux Essential Advisory: 2007-0016-1
Previous versions of the Linux kernel are vulnerable to a local user Denial
of Service attack in which local users can trigger a kernel stack overflow using
the netlink layer, and to one remote Denial of Service attack in which if IPv6
routing has been configured, a remote user can cause the system to use all
available network bandwidth by sending a specially-crafted IPv6 packet.
In addition, several non-security issues have been resolved that caused some
systems to have difficulty booting: attempting to initialize the Intel random
number generator caused some recent systems to hang during boot, and NUMA
capability was also causing some systems to hang during boot and so has been
disabled on x86, where it is generally not needed.
A system reboot is required to resolve these issues.
Copyright 2007 Foresight Linux Project
Portions Copyright 2007 rPath, Inc.
This file is distributed under the terms of the MIT License.
A copy is available at http://www.foresightlinux.org/permanent/mit-license.html
Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Hosted and sponsored by Secunia - http://secunia.com/
- Prev by Date: Re: [Full-disclosure] 6apart ~el8
- Next by Date: [Full-disclosure] [ GLSA 200705-10 ] LibXfont, TightVNC: Multiple vulnerabilities
- Previous by thread: [Full-disclosure] [ GLSA 200705-09 ] IPsec-Tools: Denial of Service
- Next by thread: [Full-disclosure] [ GLSA 200705-10 ] LibXfont, TightVNC: Multiple vulnerabilities