Re: [Full-disclosure] Apache Illegal Request Handling Possible XSS Vulnerability

KJKHyperion wrote:
Michal Majchrowicz wrote:
In this case I agree this is a solution. If Apache wouldn't accept any 'separators' then XSS (and other stuff) wouldn't be possible at all. Is there anywhere described which chars can be used in protocol "field"?
There is no "flaw".

I agree, the only genuine hole here is that the script is printing
untrusted input without quoting it.

Lots cut here, but to add another example to your list of ways the
real parser differs from the grammar:

is accepted as a valid request by Apache too :-)

Richard Moore, Principal Software Engineer,
Westpoint Ltd,
Albion Wharf, 19 Albion Street, Manchester, M1 5LN, England
Tel: +44 161 237 1028
Fax: +44 161 237 1031

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Hosted and sponsored by Secunia -